Thursday, January 20, 2005

"ARE WE EVER READY?"


Life is always throwing us some kind of crappy curves everytime we turn around these days, ya' know? We never seem to be ready for them either. Life goes on fine for a while with no bumps in the road and them WHAM! Out of nowhere all hell breaks loose and it seems like one thing after another comes tumbling down on us and we don't know how to handle all of it. What do you do? Where do you turn? How do you keep from losing your mind? Mama always said there would be days like this, but she never told me that they would last for weeks at a time, did she? Mama never said that life was going to be fair either...or easy...or even fun all the time. But she did say that if you try and live well, treat others like you want to be treated and are able to look yourself in the mirror and be happy with the person who looks back at you then you'll get out of this life knowing that you did your best. And after all, isn't that all we can expect of ourselves? Just remember not to take life too seriously because it's not permanent. And never forget the words of Herbert Swope: "I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success: but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time." Norman Vincent Peale had a great saying also, "Believe in yourself. Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."

Sayings are great; I have a zillion of them saved in various places in the computer and stashed in the desk and hanging all around the office, here. Sometimes I get quite a lot of inspiration from the sayings and quotes I collect and always, they make me think. I especially love some of the Bible verses. I'm sure we all have our favorites. My most favorite comes from Matthew 11:28-30 It says, "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me: for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest in your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Isn't that a beautiful verse? And there are many many proverbs that I love and they are all so true. Did you know that Provers is where we get most of our "old sayings" from? If you'll read them, you'll realize that. Spare the rod and spoil the child, comes from Proverbs, and so does two heads are better than one and money is the root of all evil. Yep, you can learn a lot by reading Proverbs. Give it a try. It might help you get ready.

I hope somebody out there is reading my Blog every now and then and I hope that you enjoy some of it.

See you again soon. Bye for now.

No comments: