Friday, March 10, 2006

Am I Giving Birth...

or am I experiencing just another one of my crazy hair-brained schemes that will never come to fruition, like so many others? I've had an ephany today. Well, actually, it was more like something that I have been telling myself for a long time has finally sunk in along with some things that Cindy has been preaching to me for the last several years and lately I have been thinking heavily about them and today they have finally taken hold. I started thinking hard earlier on one small idea and before I knew it that one small idea took hold and began to grow and grow and now I seem to be trying to give birth to "Office Angels" a business, naturally, but a combination business type thing where I would: A) either do office work here in my home office or I could arrange to go and perform this work at theirs and B) I will also do Office Makeovers or a "Clean Sweep" type service where I would go into their office and reorganize, set-up, re-style and completely organize an office.

This idea came about as I was thinking about doing typing in my home office for people. Then I started thinking about the guy that fixed out heat pump a couple of months ago. He never did send us a bill because he does all the service calls, all the billing and everything else. I was thinking that this guy MUST need some help and then I thought that their must be others like him. I figured that he probably does not have an office or if he does it is a home office and it is probably a mess. I'll bet he could use some organization in it and then he probably needs someone to go in and get things all caught up for him so that he can take over from things being current with a new system all set up for him. Then I bet he can use somebody to go in a couple of times a year just to make sure things are running smoothly and to do catch-up work for him. And all of this would come at a nice price to me. If it can't come at a cash price, it would have to come at a price just under what Uncle Sam allows me to make so it's a win win situation for both of us! And who in their right mind would NOT call a business named "Office Angels". I mean really. Anybody would, don't you think? So now I am downloading a new program to help me get started with this thing and then I am going to knock Cindy off her feet with this idea and see what she has to say about getting me pregnant with this thing!

I wonder if I can really, honestly pull it off. Cindy would tell me that I can do anything that I set my mind too. I would tell anyone else that of course they can do it. Can you just see me in five years sitting back making globs of money with people working FOR me?!? OH MY LORD! WOULD THAT NOT JUST BE THE ULTIMATE BOMB? My daughter might actually want to come and work for me? Wouldn't it be the weirdest thing in the whole world if I were actually able to support myself for the first time in my entire life, in my mid-fifties? I don't think anything stranger in the whole world has ever happened in this world ever before!!

Now, the thing to do is first: MOST IMPORTANTLY,
  1. TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT!
  2. WORK SLOWLY, CAREFULLY & DILLIGENTLY
  3. LAY OUT A PLAN & A SCHEDULE & FOLLOW IT DAILY
  4. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ALLOW MYSELF TO BECOME DISCOURAGED, LAZY, OR TO DEVIATE FROM MY PLAN IN ANY WAY.
  5. SET A TIME TABLE THAT IS DO-ABLE AND STICK TO IT.
  6. MAKE ONE PLAN & DO NOT CHANGE IT.
  7. COVER ALL YOUR BASES.
  8. RESEARCH, RESEARCH & THEN RESEARCH AGAIN!!!
  9. COVER ALL YOUR BASES
  10. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CONSIDERED EVERYTHING!
  11. RESEARCH EVERY ASPECT TWICE AND THEN DO IT ONCE MORE JUST TO MAKE SURE!
  12. SAY THREE TIMES EVERY DAY WHILE LOOKING IN THE MIRROR, "yOU ARE SMART ENOUGH, YOU ARE DETERMINDED ENOUGH, YOU CAN DO THIS."
  13. FINALLY, PRAY, PRAY AND PRAY AND LAST BUT CERTAIBLY NOT LEAST....PRAY AGAIN!!

You know, if I were to somehow do all of the above listed things, it just might be possible that I could actually pull this business thing off. If Bud could be in business for himself I sure can. I mean people do this every day. Why NOT me? I am relatively smart. I can read, for crap's sake! I am not afraid of work. Look at the opportunity I could open up for myself? Look at what I could teach my child? Just imagine what I could do for myself AND for him if I could pull this off! Oh what a joy this would create for me. What joy this would bring into my life!

Cindy tells me that if there is something that you want or need badly that you must tell your Angels three times and that you must be very specific. OK Angels, here we go. "Angels, I need for this business idea of mine to get off the ground. I need to stay with it and make it happen. I need to stay with this business idea and make it happen. I need to stay with this business idea and make it happen. I need to stay with this business idea and make it happen. Did you hear me my Angels? Please, Angels, help me with this. Help me to get this off the ground and get it going. And Bud if you are there and you are listening too, I know that you can help me and you know how determinded I can be. So come on, Honey. Come help me too. OKay. Please, I need you too.

Thank you to all of you. Thank you all for being with me. I am going to stand on that faith that Cindy keeps telling me about. I do have the faith. Y'all know I have the faith. So help me to believe more and help me to make this happen. I want Office Angels. I want Office Angels. I want Office Angels. I am going to be THE FIRST OFFICE ANGEL!!!!

Now I am excited. Now something is going to happen. I can just feel it. Like Cindy told me almost 4 years ago, "Watch me Soar!"

No comments: